Planned Giving Welcome Meet Our Donors The Legacy Society Gift Calculator Contact Us Tip of the Week Designate & Donate
Ways of Giving Gifts Anyone Can Afford Gifts That Pay You Income Gifts That Protect Your Assets
At-a-Glance Goals & Benefits
Charitable Bargain Sale
Make a gift to us while getting cash to meet your obligations, or an assured stream of income for retirement.
How It Works
- You sell your residence or other property to The ALS Association for a price below the appraised market value—a transaction that is part charitable gift and part sale.
- ALS may use the property, but usually elects to sell it and use the proceeds of the sale for the gift purposes you specified.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the discount you took from the appraised market value of your property.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the donated portion of the property.
- You can receive payment from us in a lump sum, or in fixed installments.
- More details on Charitable Bargain Sales.
- Frequently asked questions about Charitable Bargain Sales.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.