Planned Giving Welcome Meet Our Donors The Legacy Society Gift Calculator Contact Us Tip of the Week Designate & Donate
Ways of Giving Gifts Anyone Can Afford Gifts That Pay You Income
Charitable Gift Annuity Deferred Gift Annuity Charitable Remainder Unitrust Charitable Remainder Annuity TrustGifts That Protect Your Assets
At-a-Glance Goals & Benefits
Charitable Gift Annuity
A charitable gift annuity is a simple agreement between you and The ALS Association. In exchange for a gift of cash or appreciated assets, you receive fixed payments for life.
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to ALS. Our minimum suggested gift requirement is $10,000.
- ALS pays you, yourself and a spouse, or any two beneficiaries you name, fixed payments for life.
- Beneficiaries are recommended to be at least 60 years of age at the time of the gift.
- The remaining balance passes to ALS when the contract ends.
- Receive more income for your money because of higher rates.
- Receive dependable cash-flow for life, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- In many cases, receive payments at a rate higher than the interest you are currently receiving on investments.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- A portion of your annuity payment will be tax-free for a number of years.
- Are you a younger donor? Consider a deferred gift annuity.