Planned Giving Welcome Meet Our Donors The Legacy Society Gift Calculator Contact Us Tip of the Week Designate & Donate
Ways of Giving Gifts Anyone Can Afford Gifts That Pay You Income
Charitable Gift Annuity Deferred Gift Annuity Charitable Remainder Unitrust Charitable Remainder Annuity TrustGifts That Protect Your Assets
At-a-Glance Goals & Benefits
Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust
You want the flexibility to invest and manage your gift plan, and also the security of stable income.
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. The required minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The trust makes fixed annual payments to you or to beneficiaries you name.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to The ALS Association to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you donate.
- Use the trust to meet needs that are tied to a specific time frame, such as college tuition payments.
- More detail about Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts.
- Frequently asked questions on Charitable Remainder Annuity Trusts.
- Related Gift: Charitable Remainder Unitrust.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.