Planned Giving Welcome Meet Our Donors The Legacy Society Gift Calculator Contact Us Tip of the Week Designate & Donate
Ways of Giving Gifts Anyone Can Afford Gifts That Pay You Income
Charitable Gift Annuity Deferred Gift Annuity Charitable Remainder Unitrust Charitable Remainder Annuity TrustGifts That Protect Your Assets
At-a-Glance Goals & Benefits
Charitable Remainder Unitrust
A charitable remainder unitrust offers maximum flexibility with regards to the investment and benefits of your gift plan.
How It Works
- You transfer cash, securities, or other appreciated property into a trust. The required minimum for this type of gift is $100,000.
- The trust pays a percentage of the value of its principal, which is valued annually, to you or beneficiaries you name.
- You may use your real estate to fund a charitable remainder unitrust (CRUT), which may be structured to provide lifetime income for you and/or others, or income for a term of years.
- When the trust terminates, the remainder passes to The ALS Association to be used as you have directed.
- Receive income for life or a term of years in return for your gift.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your contribution.
- Pay no up-front capital gains tax on appreciated assets you give.
- You can make additional gifts to the trust as your circumstances allow for additional income and tax benefits.
- More detail about Charitable Remainder Unitrusts.
- Frequently asked questions on Charitable Remainder Unitrusts.
- Related Gift: Charitable Remainder Annuity Trust.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.