Planned Giving Welcome Meet Our Donors The Legacy Society Gift Calculator Contact Us Tip of the Week Designate & Donate
Ways of Giving Gifts Anyone Can Afford Gifts That Pay You Income
Charitable Gift Annuity Deferred Gift Annuity Charitable Remainder Unitrust Charitable Remainder Annuity TrustGifts That Protect Your Assets
At-a-Glance Goals & Benefits
Deferred Gift Annuity
As a younger donor still in high-earnings years, you are still saving for retirement and also trying to lower your taxable income.
How It Works
- You transfer cash or securities to ALS. Our suggested minimum gift requirement is $10,000.
- Beginning on a specified date in the future, ALS begins to pay you, or up to two annuitants you name, fixed annuity payments for life.
- Generally, deferred gift annuities may be created by donors of any age. However, a beneficiary must be at least 40 years of age before deferred gift annuity payments commence.
- The remaining balance passes to ALS when the contract ends.
- Deferral of payments permits a higher annuity rate and generates a larger charitable deduction.
- You can schedule your annuity payments to begin when you need extra cash flow, such as retirement years.
- Payments are guaranteed and fixed, regardless of fluctuations in the market.
- The longer you elect to defer payments, the higher your payment will be.
- More details on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Frequently asked questions on Deferred Gift Annuities.
- Contact us so we can assist you through every step.